These days, CBD is just about everywhere you look, from health foods stores to gas stations and soon to be your kitchen cabinet. Many CBD products like tinctures and edibles have become a part of people’s daily holistic care toolkit already. CBD is thought to carry a host of therapeutic properties that could help with stress, pain, sleep and more – making it an ideal natural alternative to turn to.
One way to get the benefits of CBD in a “catered” way is to cook with CBD oil. Incorporating CBD into food and drinks on your own can be not only fun, but beneficial to your health and even cooking skills. Are you ready to become a CBD chef? Here are a few golden rules to keep in mind when starting to cook with CBD oil.
Cooking with CBD Oil – A Few Golden Rules to Follow
- Temperature Awareness – One major key to cooking success with CBD oil to be aware of the heat you are using. Some CBD oils are thought to lose potency when they are heated too much, so sticking under 320F is a safe place to stay. If you are baking with CBD oil, try to use a recipe with a lower oven setting. Similarly, if you can incorporate your CBD into a recipe after the baking or heating portion, say through an icing or dressing, that is the most effective way to incorporate CBD without adding any heat.
- Add Some Healthy Fats – CBD is a fat-soluble compound, meaning it absorbs best when paired with fat-containing foods. Incorporating healthy fats in your cooking with CBD will help your body to absorb the effective ingredients. Using an oil like olive, avocado, MCT or coconut as a carrier for your CBD oil in recipes will help make the CBD more effective and easily absorbed.
- High-Quality for Better Results – When cooking with CBD oil, using a quality product is key to a good turnout. Bearing temperatures in mind while cooking, a high-quality CBD oil with no pesticides or solvents and decent dose amount is your best bet. When cooking with CBD oil, you don’t want to overdue the oil use, so instead of adding more oil, look for a higher-dose CBD oil to use.
Cooking with CBD Oil – A Few Great Places to Start
- Sauces and Dressings
One of the easiest ways to start cooking with CBD oil is to simply add CBD oil to pre-made or homemade sauces, marinades and dressings. Because heating CBD oil to high can cause its potency to decrease, sauces and dressings are a great base that doesn’t require intense heat or any heat at all. Add a dropperful to your next salad as a topper with your favorite dressing or drizzle some oil into your pasta sauce before finishing off your plate of spaghetti.
- CBD-Infused Butter
Another simple way to incorporate CBD into your cooking is by making CBD-infused butter. CBD-infused butter can be used to top off some toast, or in your next low-temperature recipe that calls for butter. To make CBD-infused butter melt your choice of regular unsalted butter on a low heat, then add a dropperful of CBD oil and mix thoroughly. Allow the mixture to cool, then store in a dry and cool place until it’s time to use.
- CBD Smoothies
One of the best and easiest ways to cook with CBD oil is to incorporate CBD oil into a homemade smoothie. Whether you have a go-to banana strawberry recipe or you prefer a green-machine smoothie, simply adding a dropperful of CBD oil to your blender can really up the health aspect of your smoothie.
- Salsa & Guacamole Plus Some CBD
If you are looking for a simple way to make an impression with some CBD infused goods, a CBD guacamole or salsa is a great place to start. Because neither requires heat in preparation, both salsa and guacamole can be tasty way to start your CBD cooking journey. Simply add a dropperful of CBD oil to your guacamole in the final steps of incorporating ingredients. Similarly, add a dropperful of CBD oil to your salsa when mixing ingredients together. Another perk to CBD guacamole is that the CBD oil being combined with the healthy fats of the avocado, will make the absorption of the CBD oil that much more effective.
- Chia Seed Overnight Oats and CBD
You have likely heard of how healthy chia seeds are, so combining them with CBD oil is one way to increase the health aspect even more. Chia seeds have little flavor and can absorb up to 10 times their weight in water, making them a great combo with other foods or drinks. Making an overnight oat bowl with chia seeds and adding some CBD could be great way to play with flavors and get a dose of CBD combined. Chia seeds are highly versatile and could be made into a sweet treat or wholesome breakfast when soaked overnight, and CBD oil can be added directly to the more before the soaking begins.
Cooking with CBD Oil Takeaways
When it comes to CBD oil and cooking, there are countless ways to incorporate the natural elixir into just about any recipe. CBD oil could be the perfect addition to your kitchen cabinet and following the few golden rules above will help your success in cooking with CBD.
To find a great CBD oil to cook with, check here.
Leave a Reply